What is PATAS?
Founded in February 14, 2011, the Philippine Atheists and Agnostics Society is a trailblazer of critical thinking, free thought and scientific inquiry in the Philippines. With its monthly activities, the organization acts to make atheism and agnosticism known to Filipino society. We believe that every Filipino atheist and agnostic is a Promethean citizen, taking its social responsibility in line with secularism and public understanding of science.
PATAS is a social organization that provides social action to promote public understanding of atheism and agnosticism in the country. We stand for reason, science, humanism, and the secularization of our nation.
The Philippine Atheists and Agnostic Society envisions aims to be the primary organization for atheists and agnostics in the Philippines, and to be the leading resource for rational and secular solutions for social issues involving religious abuse and discrimination.
– To promote public understanding and the elimination of myths and misconceptions about atheism, agnosticism, and Humanism.
– To encourage fellow atheists and agnostics to be more visible, to speak against discrimination, and to provide support for the atheists and agnostics community.
– To be socially responsible by replacing superstitious imperatives with rational and secular solutions.
– To promote Humanism.
– To encourage camaraderie and harmonious information exchange among Filipino atheists and agnostics.
– To set up a community that can provide support for Filipino atheists and agnostics in the capacity that is available to the Organization.
For any questions or minor corrections (i.e. grammar), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.